Monday, June 26, 2006

Birthday Party!

Saturday we had a little birthday party for the big 2-year old. Auntie Kim and her boys gave Maria a tutu, wand, tiara, and clip-on jewel earrings, oh yea and a little dog purse. So cute! One day soon we'll try and get her in the tutu, tiara, and earrings and take a picture -- that should be easy... I put some stick-on earrings on Maria and fooled her Auntie Kim and Phoenix grandparents who thought I'd gotten her ears pierced. Definitely made the party worth it!

I was comparing this year's birthday photos with last year's and Maria appears to be smiling more in this year's photos. I let her have her own cupcake so she could smear it all over her face since she didn't/couldn't do it last year. Andy took a 7-min video of it that he'll cut down to 30 sec or so. I'm not sure if she had a good time, seemed like it.

Maria's progressing slowly, but daily. She's been doing pretty well with sitting and weight-bearing on her legs. Today I even got her to laugh several times for the first time ever (if you didn't know her, you wouldn't know she was laughing, but I could tell...). All I did was bend down to kiss her or say hi or something. So cute! She's also getting quite aggressive with the hugging and French kissing. The boys are just going to love her, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home