Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Eyes Have It

Maria's eyes were so bad Monday that the therapist from the Foundation for Blind Children "made" me call the doctor's office again. We got in to see yet another pediatrician who said, yes, it does look like an eye infection, and gave us some Vigamox, antibiotic eyedrops. Her right eye is now worse again, but the drops do seem to be helping a little. Poor little thing. I think her eyes are bothering her now because she's rubbing them more, winces sometimes when we try to get the goop off, and doesn't think the warm washcloth is quite as cute as it was 10 days ago or so. I also think the eyedrops sting a bit, so I put her in that awful position (laying on her back with her head in my crotch and her arms under my legs) to put the drops in. She smiles, but I think it might be more of a grimmace... Such a good sport, though.

Manoli got to take care of Maria alone today because the nanny's blood sugar was through the roof. I think Maria had a good time -- he read her lots of books, put a little chocolate syrup in her cereal and bananas, didn't make her change out of her jammies all day, did make her wear her hearing aids, put her in the stander, and kept her fed and liquidated. All good practice for when I go to Portland for a few days at the end of the month... He was looking forward to having her by himself for another day, but Sue's feeling better, so she'll be back tomorrow.

Snack tip: the Oreo crisps in the 100-calorie packs are great for little kids. They're chocolate, so they taste good, and they melt very easily. They're better than the 100-calorie chips ahoy, cheese nips, or nutter butters, which are all too hard. Always looking for those perfect snack foods, ya know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home