Sunday, March 04, 2007

Go Daddy!

Last week I was in Lander, Wyoming all week, so Manolis was alone with Maria for four nights, and guess what? They did great! In fact, he got her to bed earlier than I usually do. He seems so relaxed about staying with her now, such a difference from even a few short months ago.

Another exciting thing: it's been 2 or 3 weeks since Maria moved into her own room and she continues to sleep so much better than when she was in my room. She seems to get tired shortly before we put her to bed, whereas before, she never seemed to get tired. Now, most nights she falls asleep within 15 minutes. Just blows my mind!!!

I'm trying a new thing now recommended by the feeding therapist --it's called poop goop and consists of figs, prunes, honey, and senna powder. It's for constipation. Only 1/4 t per day. I didn't follow the recipie exactly, so I don't know if I messed it up or not. You're supposed to chop up the figs and prunes together, heat up the honey (or molasses), mix in the senna powder, remove from heat, then add the fruit. I mixed the honey in with the fruit to the food processor to chop everything up, then put it on the stove and added the senna powder. It became so hard that I thought I was going to break the wooden spoon... We'll see if it works or if I need to try again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home