Monday, January 29, 2007

sick or Sick?

I'm so deep in denial that I don't even really remember the recent illness Andy mentioned. I think partly because it was more than a week ago and partly that now she really is sick... I could tell Maria didn't feel well yesterday, she was quiet all day and was doing that thing with her mouth I don't like, where she purses her lips into an O shape and the tip of her tongue sticks out a bit. She ate breakfast and lunch, drank ok, until about 5 or 6, then she didn't want to drink anything and started vomiting. Her breakfast came up-- cherries and blueberries (nice, huh?), but not her lunch (pureed zucchini and winter squash, which probably digested faster). So I assumed (hoped?) it was just that the cherries didn't sit well with her. Everytime I tried to get anything down her, she'd puke again. I did a lot of laundry this morning!

She slept fitfully, but no more vomiting. This morning she had a pretty good fever (102), but I've kept it almost down to normal by undressing her (much to her father's dismay, he hate's it when she's not covered up and bundled up) and giving her a bit of Tylenol. She's dozed most of the morning and has actually drank 12 oz milk, which is good. I can tell she feels really crappy by looking at her eyes. She's flushed too, probably the fever. Soooo, when it's a typical kid, the mom worries, but when it's a kid with hydrocephalus, is it just some little harmless virus or is it something with her shunt? Kijana (cat) has of course been laying on Maria to make sure everything's ok.

Oh yea, when we took a walk yesterday, a pit bull came out into the street toward us. It wasn't acting aggressive, but it's a pit bull. I told Manolis not to look at it because they take that as a sign of aggression and the old saying "ignore it and it will go away" fortunately worked in this case. (The 2 attacks in the past week in Phoenix were fresh on my mind...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home