Wednesday, January 10, 2007

China Cat Sunflower

Today I had to take my kitty of almost 18 years to the vet to be put to sleep. Such a sad day. Fortunately, Maria's kitty, Kijana, is still going strong. Maria and China Cat never really bonded for some reason, probably because China was already pretty old when Maria was born and she didn't have the patience that Kijana does for being grabbedand fur-pulled.

So I'm sure Manolis will be much happier, no more cat sleeping on the pillow, no more cat food and water bowl on the night stand between my side of the bed and Maria's crib, no more meowing in the middle of the night. I guess I'll get more sleep now. I'll have a lot more money--she got a little bit expensive the past year or so. I will miss her using my cheek or my hand as a pillow, though.

It's been a rough week. The daughter of a friend of mine took her life this past weekend. Between that and China Cat Sunflower (I named her after a Grateful Dead song), it's really been a rough week. At least Maria's doing ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home