Thursday, August 17, 2006

A little update

Maria's eyes are a little better...maybe. She just HATES the warm compresses, which is supposed to be the primary way to treat this. Sometimes she'll calm down after a while and then she actually seems to enjoy it, practically falling asleep. Sometimes not.

Maria loves to touch peoples faces. In the past I've tried touching her face the same place she touches mine, but she's never seemed to make the connection. Monday I was doing it and it seemed to click with her. She got that "Hey, this is interesting" look on her face and kept moving her hand to different places on my face (usually she just jams her fingers in my mouth - or my eye - and leaves them there). The speech therapist was doing something similar but he was also naming the parts and she was just mesmerized by it.

I don't think we've mentioned that she's gotten good at picking up food (little cracker-type things) and getting them into her mouth. OK, only about one in four end up in her mouth, but that's a start!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home