Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween


For Halloween I dressed Maria up as a princess (what else?). Doesn't she look sweet? Not sure if she was into it all that much, but I sure enjoyed it.

I took her to the door just a couple times to hand out candy, but it was too much of a challenge to hold her, open the door, and hand out candy; plus none of the kids noticed her, so I figured it wasn't worth the hassel. She was getting pretty sleepy by that point anyway since she hadn't had a nap all day. I did notice Maria seeming to perk up a bit when kids were at the door. She seems to be noticing other little kids more, I think I first noticed it on the cruise. When she hears them talking or screeching, she does her cute little body wiggle excitement thing. I've got to get her around other toddlers more often.

I thought Susie (reporter) did a good job on the article (even though she called me a bureaucrat from a state agency). The part about Maria at the end made me cry. I love the picture they used. They were going to come to our house to take some photos for the article, but we were still in the hospital, so Andy sent them some to choose from. Now if only the state would take some of the article to heart and change what they're planning for the early intervention program...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home