Sunday, October 29, 2006

A prisoner of the bureaucracy

Maria's EEG was fine. It showed no seizure-like activity at all. She's doing better, though still not 100%. All of the doctors said that she was OK to go home yesterday.

So is she home? No.

Despite the fact that the doctors think she should go home, none of them are willing to step up and sign on the dotted line. They are all afraid of actually taking responsibility so Maria is still in the hospital. They are basically defrauding the insurance company out of a medically unnecessary day of hospitalization because none of them have the guts to make a decision.

They are going to try again today. It's pretty much a coin flip, since it's the weekend and god forbid there should be doctors available in a hospital on a weekend.

And, as long as I'm ranting, I just want to say that Blogger sucks. I've been trying all morning to get this entry posted and I keep getting errors. This is not a new situation and I really get tired of how unreliable Blogger is. One of these days I'll move this blog to my site, but that requires a fair amount of effort so I haven't found the time yet.

In less ranty news, there are some new pictures up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home