Saturday, August 13, 2005

Mom's 2 Cents Worth

Well, all I can say is that it's a good thing Uncle Andy updates the blog. If it were up to me there would be fewer updates with less information because I can't seem to find the time to write them. I even learned something from reading his last entry! I have been very happy with how Maria has been doing the past month or so. As Andy says, her vision and hearing are getting better, she's moving more, getting stronger, drinking like a champion, making great strides! She is still a bit floppy, which I especially notice when I look at other babies... so I find it's best if I don't look at a lot of other babies, ya know? But floppy or not, she is still sweeter, mellower, and cuter than the other babies. And for that I will be eternally grateful.

Although yesterday was a bit of a tough day with all the testing (especially for Dad), I was and am very happy about the audiologist's preliminary admission that Maria's cochlea and the hairs of the cochlea appear to be fine. I didn't think they were damaged back in January and I'm glad to hear one of the auditory people finally agree. It is a little odd about her unusual reading -- you know, the one he's never seen before in all the thousands of tests he's done. I wish I knew what it meant. I wish HE knew what it meant. I think it will turn out to be a good thing. We do still have a steep hill to climb, but maybe they'll quit treating her like she's deaf now...

So anybody reading this know anything about Reiki? Do you think it will help with her building her vision, hearing, and other assorted pathways in the brain that were damaged by the fluid build-up? I'm toying with the idea of having some Reiki done with/to her, but can't make up my mind....

Maria has 8 teeth now!! The 8th one has finally completely erupted. All the better to bite you with, my dear. Her hair is getting long, but still not long enough to put all of it in 1 ponytail. Soonish we'll be getting her 1 year photos done -- hopefully before she's 2...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home