Monday, May 08, 2006

Greek festival

We went to a Greek festival this weekend. Food, music, folk dancing, the usual. Maria seemed to enjoy herself for the most part. Something very interesting happened when the band started playing a song with "Maria" in the chorus. She suddenly got really quiet and started listening. I have a video of her doing something similar to that personalized CD we got, but I foolishly filmed the video sideways and need to rotate it before I post it. I've seen her do that many times over the last week or two and I firmly believe she is deliberately responding to her name. I vaguely remember reading something a while back on auditory processing disorders that it is good to start sentences with her name as it will trigger her brain to pay attention. I guess it works that way on kids with normal hearing as well :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home